Search This Blog


Read about Fat Blossom Here

Poetry

Poetry
click for Gen's poetry, performances & info

Saturday, June 13, 2009


Ok so I'm a bit slow with the old blog business.  To do upkeep on a blog means I need to organize weekly childcare even more, or perhaps get up at 4 each morning, to get an hour in...

    But I'm busy.  So I have to talk about it in a public diary format to make sure I am vital.  Oh why do you blog then?  

       What am I busy doing? Blogging.  No only joking..  right now I'm planning for some poetry gigs, making some poetry chapbooks and Talking about the collaborative work I put in with fellow artist Anita Glucina for the Metonymy exhibition.. that's the moon medallions I mean, prepping for a prop, what's new, this is a poetry doco, and rediscovering an ancient affection that I hold for linoleum.

        The medallions are available to be purchased, and I will tell you all about those soon.  Can I put pictures up on here what is this blog? Is it a good blog?  Is it it a blog blag.

        Poetry performance coming up with Nigel Gavin and Chris O if we can pin him down up at 121, early next month.  Then the next one after that is Lopdell house for Montana poetry day, with the Lopdell line up:   www.lopdell.org.nz/events/details/montana_poetry_day.html

        On the 26th June is the Matariki festival exhibition at the Corban's estate spot out at Henderson, and One of the seven lamps displayed by Ronald and the afore-mentioned Anita, has a poem and story associated with it by me...  Each lamp has a different poet's work, and I don't know who they all are but one is Miriam Barr.  Mine is a children's rhyme, and I'm making a book now to go with it, why?

       ...because I wanted to use my new book press  to make a book, but now I'm printing lino prints for each page.  Why?  Because I have to create stuff I enjoy it immensely I'm not acting or making films right now, and I've joined an amazing art community forum on line where I can learn a lot about how to work with pigments and so on, and because I fancy myself as an old fashioned craftsperson....    I know I could just grow strawberries and be a valid part community, well actually I'm doing that too.  Got your strawberries in for summer? See this is what happens when actors stop acting, they can't stop talking and they blog!

          Actually speaking of acting!   I did some a while back, on a short called Horses.  It will be screening in the homegrown series in the film festival, hang on link...
    
      www.nzff.co.nz/default.aspx?id=7516&region=2

More about homegrown:
  mic.org.nz/2009/05/homegrown-2009-programme/


Ahhhhh! the film festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment